Official Rules Polyvore Feedback Survey
Official Rules and Regulations (these “Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT (AND HIS OR HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF SUCH ENTRANT IS DEEMED TO BE A MINOR UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF HIS OR HER RESIDENCE (A “MINOR”)) ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE SATISFIES ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN PARAGRAPH 1 BELOW.
- Eligibility. This sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) is open to individuals who (i) complete the survey (found at the link in Section 3 below) during the Entry Period (the “Survey”), (ii) are legal residents of the fifty U.S. states and the District of Columbia, and (iii) are 13 years of age or older. If you are not a resident of these areas, you are not eligible to win a Prize and Polyvore, Inc. (“Sponsor”) reserves the right not to award a Prize to entrants who reside in other jurisdictions. Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor, Qualtrics, LLC (“Survey Provider”) and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, any other prize sponsor, and any other party having responsibility for the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, and the immediate family members (e.g., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of the foregoing, are prohibited from entering this Sweepstakes. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor has no obligation to notify violators of their disqualification.
- Entry Period. The entry period for this Sweepstakes begins on April 18, 2016, 2016 at 9:00:00 AM PST and ends on April 25, 2016, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM PST (the “Entry Period”). All Entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period to be eligible to win a Prize.
No more than one (1) Entry per person is allowed. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only the first Entry received from a particular individual in accordance with the entry methods described in this Section 3 will count; subsequent attempts to enter will be disqualified. For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of an Entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon clicking the “Submit Entry” button. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an Entry for purposes of these Official Rules.
- Winner Selection & Notification. Three (3) individuals completing the Survey or submitting the Alternative Method of Entry during the Entry Period will be chosen at random to be winners of this Sweepstakes (the “Winners”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The Winners will be notified on or around May 1, 2016 (the “Decision Deadline”). Sponsor will serve as the sole and final judge of the Entries. Sponsor will attempt to contact the Winners by email (“Selection Notification”) within fourteen (14) days of the Decision Deadline at the email address provided in the entrant information. Recipients of Selection Notifications must respond to the Selection Notification within seven (7) days from the date the Selection Notification has been sent. If a potential Winner does not respond within that time, the individual forfeits all rights to any Prize and an alternate Winner may be selected. The Winners must meet the eligibility requirements for this Sweepstakes as described above. Sponsor will determine whether a Winner who has responded to the Selection Notification within the time allowed meets those requirements. If a Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements for this Sweepstakes, that Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. All decisions of the judges regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, Entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that such potential Winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry.
- Prizes. Each Winner will receive one (1) Two Hundred and Fifty Dollar ($250) Amazon Gift Code (approximate retail value $250 USD) (each a “Prize”, and collectively, the “Prizes”). The total approximate retail value of all Prizes is Seven Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($750 USD). No substitution of the Prizes is permitted except by Sponsor. The Prizes are non-transferable and are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Taxes. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, related to the acceptance and/or use of the Prizes, if any, are the Winners’ sole responsibility. If a Winner is deemed to be a Minor, his or her Prize will be awarded in the name of such Minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will be solely responsible on behalf of such Minor for all applicable taxes. Sponsor shall not have any obligation to pay any taxes related to the awarding any Prize.
- Ownership and License. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and/or Survey Provider and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, and display such Entry for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by Sponsor, and/or others authorized by Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration of the copyright in the Entry. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
- Release. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant releases Sponsor, Survey Provider, participating sponsors (if any) and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winners’ Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use each Winner’s name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded a Prize, except where prohibited by law, each Winner (or in the case of a Winner that is a Minor, the parent or legal guardian of such Winner) may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded a Prize, the Winners (or in the case of a Winner that is a Minor, the parent or legal guardian of the Winner) may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after May 1, 2016 and before May 1, 2017 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Polyvore Feedback Survey. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Polyvore Email Feedback Survey.
- Consent and Indemnification. Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Survey Provider, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions and other related companies and all officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns and licensees of Sponsor or any such entity from any liability for losses, damages or injuries arising in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or the award of a Prize.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, Survey Provider, any participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for Entries that are lost, received after the Entry Period, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible for consideration in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Survey Provider are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Sweepstakes based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. SPONSOR AND SURVEY PROVIDER MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE PRIZES OR ANY COMPONENT OF THE PRIZES.
- Disqualification. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person that it determines has violated these Official Rules, tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Survey or Sponsor’s web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
- Miscellaneous. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is not available to those residing in jurisdictions where such sweepstakes are prohibited. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to its choice of law rules. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by binding arbitration under the auspices of JAMS (Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service) in Santa Clara, California. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. These Official Rules will bind all entrants, and their respective heirs, representatives, successors and permitted assigns. These Official Rules supersede any prior oral or written agreements relating to rules or procedures for this Sweepstakes. These Official Rules may be changed at any time, but only by Sponsor and only by posting new rules on Sponsor’s web site. These Official Rules will not be construed to impose upon Sponsor or Survey Provider any obligations for any losses, debts or other obligations incurred by any entrant. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Polyvore, Inc. 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089