“12 Polydays Hunt” Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in Polyvore’s “12 Polydays Hunt” Promotion (the “Promotion”), you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements in these Official Rules.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion will run from [Thursday 11/27/2014 at 12 AM PT – Monday 12/8/2014 at 11:59 PM PT] (the "Submission Period").
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE PROMOTION IS OPEN TO WHO ARE USERS OF POLYVORE AND ARE RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND, NEW YORK AND FLORIDA) AND WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18). IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF AN ELIGIBLE JURISDICTION, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND POLYVORE RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS. Directors, officers and employees of Polyvore, Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) or Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”) and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each, are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- How to Enter. To enter, each person (an “Entrant”) must, on any day during any week during the Submission Period, visit Polyvore.com or access the Polyvore app, find that day’s item that is watermarked “Happy Polydays” (the “Item”), use the item in a set, and publish the set using #PolydaysContest in the set description. An Entrant must publish a set between 12:00 AM PT and 11:59 PM PT with that specific day’s Item to be eligible. Alternatively, an Entrant may send a 3”x5” postcard with the Entrant’s name, physical address and email address to Polyvore at 100 View Street, Suite 101, Mountain View, California 94041, Attention: “12 Polydays Hunt” Promotion. Multiple entries allowed per day. All submissions must be completed and submitted within the Submission Period. Entries that do not comply with Polyvore’s Terms of Service at http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/terms-of-service and these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- Prize Winner Selection. Each day starting on Friday 11/28/2014 and ending on Tuesday 12/9/2014, one (1) Entrant will be randomly chosen by Polyvore as winner for that day (a “Winner”). A Winner for a given day will be chosen only from entries made during that day of the Promotion. For example, when choosing a Winner for day 3 of the Promotion, only entries submitted for day 3 will be considered; Polyvore will not include entries from day 2 in choosing a Winner for day 3. The Winner for each day will be notified on or before 12:00 PM PT of the following day. The Winner will be notified via private message and may be publically announced on Polyvore’s Twitter page and the Official Blog of Polyvore, currently located at http://blog.polyvore.com/.
- Prizes. Each Winner will receive that day’s Item. The item will have a retail value of $590.00 or less. The total maximum retail value of all prizes is US$2,845.00.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
All prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within thirty (30) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except by Polyvore. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Actual model, color, accessories and features of each prize awarded will be selected by Polyvore in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print and in advertising, including the Polyvore web site and the Entry Materials. Limit one (1) prize per household or address. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the Entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Facebook account (or email address) used for the entry. A Winner may be required to provide Polyvore with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the account and/or email address associated with the winning entry.
Polyvore will attempt to contact each Winner by private message on Polyvore.com or via the Polyvore app. If a Winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours, the Winner forfeits all rights to the prize and an alternate Winner may be selected. Winners must meet the eligibility requirements for the Promotion as described above. Polyvore will determine whether each Winner who has responded within the time allowed meets those requirements. Winners who do not meet the eligibility requirements for the Promotion will be disqualified. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects. To claim a prize, Winners must follow the instructions contained in their notification.
- Entry Materials. Entrant hereby grants to Polyvore a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to. use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit all content submitted by Entrant (the “Entry Materials”) in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to Entrant or any other person or entity.
- Representations. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you either own all rights to all Entry Materials, or have sufficient rights in such Entry Materials to fulfill your obligations hereunder; (b) all Entry Materials do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity, including, without limitation, any applicable third party or open source licenses; and (c) without limiting the foregoing, you have a valid license permitting your use of any applications in connection with any and all Entry Materials.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Polyvore, Twitter, Facebook and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to each Winner's name, physical address, email address, biographical information, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, Winners may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, physical address, email address, biographical information, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. Furthermore, the identifications of all Entrants may be disclosed to indicate such Entrant’s participation in the Promotion.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Polyvore a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability in a form determined by Polyvore.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after December 9, 2014 and before December 9, 2015 to Polyvore at 100 View Street, Suite 101, Mountain View, California 94041, Attn: Winners List “12 Polydays Hunt” To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Polyvore at 100 View Street, Suite 101, Mountain View, California 94041, Attn: Official Rules Request, “12 Polydays Hunt!”
- Copyright Notice; Trademark Usage. The Promotion and these Official Rules are Copyright © 2014 by Polyvore, all rights reserved. Any trademarks used in these Official Rules are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, without reference to conflicts of laws principles. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Polyvore, which are final and binding in all respects. Polyvore reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any Entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Polyvore’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Polyvore otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Polyvore, Twitter, Facebook, the Promotion or any other Entrant (in each case as determined in Polyvore’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to: Promotion Administrator, Polyvore, Inc., 100 View Street, Suite 101, Mountain View, California 94041.
- Disclaimer. Polyvore and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, and agents shall not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond Polyvore’s control; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Twitter and Facebook shall not be responsible in any way for any aspect of the Promotion and shall have no liability with respect to the Promotion.
- Platforms. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter, Facebook or any other third party platform. Please contact Polyvore with any questions about this Promotion. Please do not direct any communications about this Promotion to Twitter, Facebook or any other third party platform.
- Sponsor. This Promotion is sponsored by Polyvore, Inc. (“Polyvore”) with its principal place of business at 100 View Street, Suite 101, Mountain View, California 94041.